Academic and Professional Qualifications
· Aug, 2012- Sep, 2016, Doctoral degree in Philosophy, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
· Sep, 2010- July, 2012, Master degree in Management, Harbin Institute of Technology
· Sep, 2006- July, 2010, Bachelor degree in Engineering, Chongqing University
I am now an associate professor in the School of Management Science and Real Estate at the Chongqing University, China. Since 2012, I have been researching environmental impact analysis of construction projects for achieving sustainable construction. This has led to the publication of more than 20 refereed papers mostly in high impact academic and professional journals. I am currently an associate editor of the Journal of Construction Engineering (in Chinese) and a guest editor of the International Journal of Construction Management (Index in ESCI).
Teaching (Courses Taught)
· Construction Contract Management
· Construction Economy
· Urban Ecological Economics
· Sustainable City
· Sustainable construction
· Offsite construction and industrialization
· Urban metabolism
· Urban resource governance
·  Hong Jingke*, Zhong Xiaoyang, Guo Shan, Liu Guiwen, Shen Geoffrey Qiping, Yu Tao (2019). Water-energy nexus and its efficiency in China’s construction industry: Evidence from province-level data. Sustainable Cities and Society, 48, accepted and in press.
·  Hong Jingke, Gu Jianping, Liang Xin, Liu Guiwen, Shen Qiping, Tang Miaohan. Spatiotemporal investigation of energy network patterns of agglomeration economies in China: Province-level evidence. Energy, accepted and in press.
·  Guo Shan, Hu Yunhao, Zheng Shupeng, Jingke Hong*, Wu Xiaofang, Miaohan Tang. Embodied Energy Use in the Global Construction Industry. Applied Energy, accepted and in press.
·  Hong Jingke*, Tang Miaohan, Wu Zezhou, Mian Zhuang, Shen Qiping (2019). The evolution of patterns within embodied energy flows in the Chinese economy: A multi-regional-based complex network approach. Sustainable Cities and Society, 47, accepted and in press.
·  Hong Jingke, Gu Jianping *, Liang Xin, Liu Guiwen, Shen Geoffrey Qiping. (2019). Characterizing embodied energy accounting with a multi-dimensional framework: a study of China’s building sector. Journal of Cleaner Production, 215, 154-164.
·  Wu Ge, Hong Jingke*, Li Ding, Zezhou Wu (2019). Efficiency assessment of pollutants discharged in urban wastewater treatment: evidence from 68 key cities in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, accepted and in press.
·  Tang Miaohan, Hong Jingke*, Liu Guiwen, Shen Qiping. (2019). Exploring energy flows embodied in China’s economy from the regional and sectoral perspectives via combination of multi-regional input-output analysis and a complex network approach, Energy, 170, 1191-1201
·  Li Fan, Hong Jingke* (2019). A spatial correlation analysis of business operating status after an earthquake: a case study from Lushan, China. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 36, 101108.
·  Liangxin, Yu Tao, Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping (2019). Making incentive policies more effective: an agent-based model for energy-efficiency retrofit in China. Energy Policy, 126, 177-189.
·  Chen Jindao, Shen Liyin, Shi Qian, Hong Jingke, Ochoad Jorge. (2019). The effect of production structure on the total CO2 emission intensity in the Chinese construction industry. Journal of Cleaner Production, 213, 1087-1095.
·  Liu Guiwen, Gu Tingyan, Xu Pengpeng, Hong Jingke, Shrestha Aheem, Martek Igor. (2019). A production line-based carbon emission assessment model for prefabricated components in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 209, 30-39.
·  Hong Jingke*, Shen Qiping, Li Zhengdao, Liu Guiwen, Wu Zezhou, Zhong Xiaoyang (2018). An integrated framework for embodied energy quantification of buildings in China: a multi-regional perspective. Resource, Conservation, and Recycling, 138, 183-193.
·  Hong Jingke*, Shen Qiping, Li Zhengdao, Zhang Boyu, Zhang Wanqiu (2018). Cost Benefit Analysis of Prefabricated Construction: A Case Study in China, Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 649-660. (Highly Cited Paper)
·  Han Zhu, Jingke Hong*, Geoffrey Qiping Shen, Chao Mao, Hejia Zhang, Zhengrong Li (2018). The exploration of the life-cycle energy saving potential for using prefabrication in residential buildings in China. Energy and Buildings, Accepted.
·  Clyde Zhengdao Li, Fan Xue, Xiao Li, Jingke Hong*, Geoffrey Qiping Shen (2018). An Internet of Things-enabled BIM platform for on-site assembly services in prefabricated construction. Automation in Construction, 89, 146-161.
·  Hong Jingke*, Clyde Li Zhengdao, Shen Qiping, Xue Fan, Sun Bingxia, Zheng Wei (2017). An Overview of the Driving Forces behind Energy Demand in China's Construction Industry: Evidence from 1990 to 2012. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 73, 85-94.
·  Hong Jingke*, Shen Qiping, Zhang Wanqiu, Feng Yong (2017). A multi-regional based hybrid method for assessing life cycle energy use of buildings: a case study, Journal of Cleaner Production, 148, 760-772.
·  Clyde Zhengdao Li, Jingke Hong*, Cheng Fan, Xiaoxiao Xu, Geoffrey Qiping Shen (2017). Schedule delay analysis of prefabricated housing production: A hybrid dynamic approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 195, 1533-1545.
·  Zheng Wei, Shen Qiping, Wang Hao, Hong Jingke*, Zhengdao Li (2017). Decision support for sustainable urban renewal: a multi-scale model. Land Use Policy, 69, 361-371.
·  Zheng Wei, Shen Qiping, Wang Hao, Hong Jingke (2017). Neighbourhood Sustainability in Urban Renewal: An Assessment Framework, Environment and Planning B – Urban Analytics and City Science, 44, 903-924.
·  Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping, and Guo Shan (2016). Energy use embodied in china’s construction industry: a multi-regional input-output analysis. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 53, 1303-1312.
·  Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping, Mao Chao, Li Zhengdao, and Li Kaijian (2016). Life-cycle energy analysis of prefabricated components in buildings: an input–output-based hybrid model. Journal of Cleaner Production, 112, 2198-2207.
·  Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping, Xue Fan (2016). A multi-regional structural path analysis of the energy supply chain in China's construction industry, Energy Policy, 92, 56-68.
·  Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping, Peng Yi, Feng Yong, and Mao Chao (2016). Uncertainty Analysis for Measuring Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the Building Construction Phase: A Case Study in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 129, 183-195.
·  Clyde Zhengdao Li, Jingke Hong*, Fan Xue, Geoffrey Qiping Shen, Xiaoxiao Xu, Margaret Kayan Mok (2016). Schedule risks in prefabrication housing production in Hong Kong: a social network analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production, 134, 482-494.
·  Clyde Zhengdao Li, Jingke Hong*, Fan Xue, Geoffrey Qiping Shen, Xiaoxiao Xu (2016). SWOT analysis and IoT-enabled strategies for prefabricated housing production in Hong Kong. Habitat International, 57, 74-87.
·  Hong Jingke, Shen Qiping, Feng Yong, Lau Sau-Tao, and Mao Chao. (2015). Greenhouse gas emissions during the construction phase of a building: a case study in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 103, 249-259. (Highly Cited Paper)
·  Zheng Helen Wei, Shen Qiping, Wang Hao, and Hong Jingke (2015). Simulating land use change in urban renewal areas: a case study in Hong Kong. Habitat International, 46, 23-34.